Posted: 29 March 2017
Applications In By:
29 June 2017
Senior/Principal Engineer - Water & Environment
Construction Management; Engineering
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior/Principal Civil Engineer to help us grow our team. As part of your role you will take responsibility for providing technical expertise and leading technical delivery on a wide variety of projects, including asset assessment and management plans, design of civil engineering works and site supervision. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of technical delivery ensuring high quality standards and working with project managers to ensure delivery to budget and programme. You will also be responsible for ensuring the projects you deliver take due regard for the latest Health and Safety policies and practices, including working in accordance with the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
- A robust understanding of civil engineering principles and their practical application with particular knowledge in the water environment
- Client Relationship and Business development skills
- Experience of the preparation and supervision of outline and detailed designs, including calculations drawings and specifications
- Quality management experience in delivery of technical work
- Knowledge and experience in the application of CDM regs
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including reporting to both technical and no technical audience.
In addition to the above, it would be desirable for you to be able to demonstrate excellence in some of the following technical areas:
- Hydraulic analysis, including weirs and gates discharge capacity; hydraulic jump; scour protection etc.
- Design of flood defences; such as retaining walls; earth embankments; soft engineering solutions; flood gates etc.
- Finite element modelling using structural analysis packages such as LUSAS or SAP
- Planning and undertaking asset inspections, including the preparation of safe systems of work
- Site supervision, including CITB SMSTS qualification
As part of your role you will lead on specific technical aspects of projects from feasibility to detailed design and will support and provide advice to more junior members of the team.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a BEng/MEng in a related Engineering field with significant experience in civil, structural or hydraulic engineering. You will be chartered with the relevant institution (ICE/IStructE) or be able to demonstrate working towards chartership. Experience of working directly for the Environment Agency would be an advantage. You will be required to drive on behalf of the company to visit clients/sites etc. and therefore a valid UK driving licence is essential.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development are not optional extras: they are how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also provide a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.