Posted: 02 March 2017
Applications In By:
02 May 2017
Senior Engineer (Structures)
Construction Management; Engineering
Senior Engineer role, to undertake activities within the structures section, predominantly in the design and / or assessment of rail and highway structures.
To provide technical support and mentor junior colleagues.
To take responsibility for the preparation of discrete structural schemes or specific elements of major improvements, which includes:
- feasibility studies;
- preliminary design;
- detailed design;
- preparation of contract documentation
Client Liaison and assisting with the marketing of the Consultancy
- Degree or equivalent academic qualification in civil / structural engineering
- Significant post graduate experience, minimum 10 years
- Chartered professional status or nearing Chartership (CEng or IEng)
- Knowledge and understanding of the conceptual and detailed design of a broad range of civil engineering structures, including bridges, underpasses, culverts, retaining walls and railway station platforms, including associated approval procedures.
- Experience in the use of relevant design standards and codes of practice including Structural Eurocodes
- Proficient in the use of design/analysis software (eg SAM, LUSAS, Midas, Superstress)
- Ability to successfully deliver bridge projects and satisfy client requirements.
- Significant experience performing a similar role within a highway structures team and / or rail team
Good relationship management with colleagues and clients
- Excellent standard of oral and written communication.
- Experienced in the use of business and project management software systems such as the MicroSoft Office suite and MS Project
- Familiar with health and safety legislation and the CDM regulations
- Deliver specific civil / structural engineering tasks
- Technical guidance and mentoring of junior staff.
- Review and check contract drawings
- Build and maintain good relationships with colleagues and Clients and contribute to marketing of the Consultancy to potential Clients
- Project management of schemes ensuring projects are delivered to time and budget in line with the client's requirements and brief
- Co-ordination of rail projects across various disciplines
- Career orientated individual, committed to professional development.
- Focused person with the ability and desire to deliver successful projects for clients.
- Highly motivated, and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
The post holder must be a highly motivated, flexible, have a high standard of technical competence. The person will need to work as part of team, establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients